Five upcoming winter exhibitions address aspects of work and include a co-production with Istituto Italiano di Cultura, Toronto and Triennale di Milano.
- Workwear: An exhibition of playful and cutting-edge fashion design that offers an alternative approach to uniforms and daily workwear. Curated by Milan-based architect, designer, and artist Alessandro Guerriero,Workwear features work by 40 artists, designers and architects, including Issey Miyake, Vivienne Westwood, and Coop Himmelb(l)au. Workwear is a co-production with the Italian Cultural Institute – Toronto and the Milan Triennale, closing April 23, 2017.
- Everyday Lighting: Harbourfront Centre’s Craft & Design Studio Artists-in-Residence explore illumination for practical use. Curated by designer Katharine Tessier, closing June 18, 2017.
- The Essentials: A group exhibition devoted to the contemporary jewellery we wear everyday. Curated by Melanie Egan, closing June 18, 2017.
- Workaday: A group exhibition that examines the process of creation by presenting works in various mediums alongside the tools used to create them. Curated by Patrick Macaulay, closing April 23, 2017.
- Tong Yan Gaai: A record of Morris Lum’s journey with a large-format camera on a search for cultural memory and Chinese identity. Curated by Patrick Macaulay, closing June 18, 2017.
For further information on Visual Arts, please visit here or call Harbourfront Centre at (416) 973-5379.